Thursday, May 11, 2006

personal updates..


Since some time, this blog has remained uncharacteristically silent on my personal half, thanks to my having been busy over a lot of small things. Clock has moved a few cycles and a lot has happened in the meanwhile. Also, I have been getting some complaints offlate about my having turned into a critic all the way. Well, I haven't forgotten that this blog has been my alter-ego. I have put my arm around its shoulders everytime I had something to talk about. And a lot of it has been personal issues as well. Somehow, the warmth of those personal details has been absent from here. This post is a small positive effort to correct that mistake. It's a purposeless post without any literary, cinematic or social content - an effort only to put my arm around a few shoulders.

About 15 days ago, I saw two of the best films ever made - Nagrik and Ajantrik by Ritwik Ghatak. Watching the movies left me speechless on one hand and on the other, I could see why they speak so highly of Ghatak. FTII students rave about him and his work is considered a landmark in Indian Cinema, not without reason I must say. Such is the beauty of his work that it can humble even Satyajit Ray, I am sure. I will try to pen down some of my thoughts about his films soon enough.

But really,with movies like these,it feels much lighter... and I feel like a free human. A lot of my time used to go wasted for what was not offerring me much positive result. Sometimes, you are only too happy to get rid of something that sheer inertia causes to stick onto you.Over to new horizons, new ways of life, new people and new places...

now,was this post really personal?whatever be the answer..think i can improvise ..the mere mention of the realisation of lack of 'personal footing' will give a touch to my future posts..lets see!!till then,i shud be giving some hearty sentiments to the boy and receiving something 'ice' y in return!!..he's been achieveing things..though his modest self wont ever admit that..but small achievements,as small as small mails, lead to big achievements..don't they??

-the girl.

No comments: