Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Walk

I have always wanted to take a long walk in the woods.Walking under leafy canopies on a bright morning with sunshine filtering through like golden beams, just the thought of it envelops me in warm serenity, especially at times when I have those special mood-snitchings. Sometimes it happens so that I start living in my dreams. And then when reality tries to wake me up I don’t want to open my eyes. Like a little child who so innocently believes in love and goodness.As one grows in life one realizes that for dreams to come true, one needs to do more than just believe in one’s dreams. One realizes that it’s easier to dream but it takes a lot of faith, time and effort to nourish a dream so that it becomes reality. And then one loses hope eventually burying the dream deep inside like a cherished treasure from childhood. It’s hard to do that. Bury your dream. It’s almost like when your dog dies.But, tough though it may be, I want to make my dreams into reality. A very simple poem with no artistic words but conveys lot many things..


Follow your dreams
Wherever they lead
Don’t be distracted by
Less worthy needs…

Shelter them, nourish them,
Help them to grow
Let your heart hold them down
Deep where dreams go…

Follow your dreams,
Pursue them with haste
Life is too precious
Too fleeting to waste...

Be faithful, be loyal
Then all your life through
The dreams that you follow
Will keep coming true…!

Someday I’ll walk in the woods and share memories of times when my dreams came true…

-the girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was just strolling by and checked ur creation n its beatiful.a nice way of expressing thoughts.it can be so easy with those words to write what u feel.keep it up!