Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mind trains...

the mind trains baffle me..and the destiny and conclusive thought further...a few days back, i was watching a popular TV show with the name The Apprentice.there were two finalists ...one British turned American and the other a Jewish American.The latter had always mentioned his Jewish religion..and so it stuck in my head.i believed that the latter would win (coz he was young and a good strategist) ....he lost.

Could religion be a criteria for selecting people? how much hold on our thought process does religion have?(my mind trains started moving all over by now). In a country like America which is melting pot of so many many kinds of people...how many really hold onto their religions? how and what do they identify themselves with?being raised here in India...we know that we are not just Indians...we are from this caste..this sub caste..this state..etc etc.... we have a WHOLE flow chart coming to us...and everytime ...we talk or think or organise...we work along this very flowchart...

how do I think..? i think first like myself..then like my surname, then like my caste ..then my religion ..and so on..at EVERY level ..i modify myself...to suit and fit ...and ultimately....am i ME?and then ....as i kept on this line....those words emerged...words that were conclusive and truely something that amazed me ..i said..

"Tradition can either Pull u Down...or Keep u Grounded...its all about perspectives"..

is it? ...

-the girl.

1 comment:

the boy said...

wah. "its all about perspectives."

hmm... now here might i have heard that before...